Florida SB 1276, which would allow municipalities to pass breed-specific legislation in Florida, passed the Community Affairs committee with 9 Yeas and 2 Nays.
An amendment to the bill now prohibits municipalities from passing breed bans. However, it still allows breed-specific legislation of any other kind, potentially including restrictions that are so onerous that responsible ownership would be next to impossible anyway.
Florida residents, please contact your senators and ask them to oppose this bill when it comes to the floor for a vote. Find your senator here.
On election day, please remember the following senators and their votes on this bill:
* Chair: Senator Michael S. “Mike” Bennett (R), firstname.lastname@example.org
* Vice Chair: Senator Gary Siplin (D), email@example.com
* Senator Thad Altman (R), firstname.lastname@example.org
* Senator Ted Deutch (D), email@example.com
* Senator Rudy Garcia (R), firstname.lastname@example.org
* Senator Anthony C. “Tony” Hill, Sr. (D), BILL SPONSOR, email@example.com
* Senator Jeremy Ring (D), firstname.lastname@example.org
* Senator Ronda Storms (R), email@example.com
* Senator Stephen R. Wise (R), firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous alerts for Florida HB 543/SB 1276: http://stopbsl.com/?s=1276