Pitbulls can lose their muzzles
Cumberland’s new animal bylaw focuses on behaviour, not breed
BY TAMARA CUNNINGHAM, COMOX VALLEY ECHO JUNE 17, 2011
[…] Civic politicians passed a new animal control bylaw, Monday that rids restrictions on specific dog breeds, including having pit bulls muzzled in public areas.
Cumberland was the only municipality in the Comox Valley to still target pit bulls. Now all dogs will be judged on individual behaviour.[…]
[Animal control officer] Arseneault said the last bylaw required to her know where the pit bulls were located so a lot of her focus was on searching the dogs out “even when they had done nothing wrong,” she said.[…]
Keyword Site Search
Find It Fast!
Subscribe to Alerts
- Georgia bill to prohibit breed discriminatory laws moves forward goo.gl/fb/G6QwDJ 4 years ago
- RT @Robmontz: @stopbslcom Hey guys -- I just dropped this new vid through @reason that's right up your alley: youtube.com/watch?v=MEmijf… 5 years ago
- Georgia bill to prohibit breed discriminatory laws moves forward goo.gl/fb/nbZu7v 5 years ago
- Platteville, WI discussing possible pit bull ban goo.gl/fb/velJsq 5 years ago
- Two repeals from Tuesday, March 10, 2015 goo.gl/fb/y8w5wW 5 years ago